Basford United are a progressive Semi Professional Football club soon to be operating at Step 3 of the National non league football pyramid.
Our objective is within five years to reach Step 1 of the pyramid.
Objectives of the Facility & Ground Maintenance Manager role;
1. To work hand in hand with the Senior Board to develop at Football Stadia environment in keeping with this level of Football.
2. To fully comply with Health and Safety requirements and develop a culture of continuous improvement and excellence
3. To ensure our natural grass and 3G pitches are maintained to the highest standards.
• Overall responsibility for the maintenance of the sports facilities, currently one 3G football pitch, four full size football pitches, one 9-a-side football pitch and one 7-a-side. Additionally maintain all areas on the perimeter of the pitches as well as car park areas.
• Responsibility for overseeing all ground maintenance works to buildings plus carrying out occasional repair tasks as and when necessary.
• Ensuring equipment is well maintained and serviced.
• Attendance on match days and management of all Ground stewards & support staff including caretaker. Occasional evening work will be required on an ad hoc basis.
• Attendance on Saturday AM to oversee ground staff and ensure car parking/stewarding and 3G supervision is carried out in an orderly fashion.
• Total responsibility for all summer preseason work and Grass cutting and pitch preparation.
• Manage a Maintenance budget
• The post holder will be expected to work as part of a team with minimal supervision and have good interpersonal and communication skills with a confident and approachable manner.
• Good literacy/computer and numeracy skills with the ability to complete financial reports on departmental performance are also expected from the individual.
• Expected 40 hours work per week to work around the needs of the ground with occasional night work to cater for ground usage including every Saturday during the football season 8.30am-5pm. No Sunday work is anticipated unless due to exceptional requirements.
• Given the nature of the role more hours may be required for the summer months which can be banked to reduce winter hours.
The position offers an attractive Basic Salary and package.
In all instances application is by CV directed to the Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications in strictest confidence Friday 23 February 2018
Updated 18:41 - 24 Feb 2018 by Neil McGowan